Housing Help of San Diego®

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.

~Mahatma Gandhi


In all the years serving our public, we have identified three major housing problems in San Diego and how we came up with criteria for our programs: (1) need for more low income rental units and assistance to help clients relocate to federally subsided programs such as Section 8 vouchers or project-based subsidy complexes (applicable to the individual and unique growth of San Diego), (2) need for mortgage relief programs for suffering homeowners, and (3) need for both short- and long-term pre- purchase counseling and then post-purchase counseling with an emphasis on property rehab & construction.